The Owenea Fishery is Catch & Release for 2020. This means anglers must return all salmon and any sea trout of 40cm or over and can only fish with single or double barbless hooks. No worm fishing is allowed.
Fishery Rules – Owenea River
- All anglers must be in possession of a permit, licence, logbook & tags before entering onto the fishery.
- Fishery Opening times: Dawn to Dusk.
- Visitors must only fish on the beat allocated on permit.
- Fishing with natural shrimp or prawn baits is strictly prohibited.
- Worm fishing is not allowed from the neck of wards pool (beat 5) to the tail of Archie’s pool (beat 6).
- Fish one rod only at a time.
- Directions of Fishery Manager to be observed at all times.
- Commence fishing on river at the top of the pool and fish down from there.
- Do not commence fishing in front (downstream) of an angler already fishing down a pool.
- Allow a reasonable distance between you and the angler ahead of you.
- Fish at a reasonable pace to allow access for following anglers (1 cast – 1 step).
- If illegal fishing is observed, notify IFI at Ballyshannon (071) 9851435. 24 hour line Tel: 1890 347424.