Owencarrow River – Fishery Rules
- Season: 12th May to 30th September inclusive.
- The Owencarrow River is ‘Catch & Release’ for 2023 which means all salmon and any sea trout of 40cm or over must be released. Fishing is with single or double barbless hooks only and no worm or bait fishing is allowed.
- There is a bag limit of 3 sea trout per day (under 40cm) in line with the national sea trout regulations.
Terms and Conditions specific to this Fishery:
- All anglers must be in possession of a permit, licence, logbook & tags before entering onto the fishery.
- Fish one rod only at a time.
- Directions of Fishery Manager to be observed at all times.
- Commence fishing on river at the top of the pool and fish down from there.
- Do not commence fishing in front (downstream) of an angler already fishing down a pool.
- Allow a reasonable distance between you and the angler ahead of you.
- Fish at a reasonable pace to allow access for following anglers (1 cast – 1 step).
- If illegal fishing is observed, notify IFI at Ballyshannon (071) 9851435. 24 hour line Tel: 0818 347424.