The Gweebarra is a BROWN TAG fishery for 2022. This means anglers must be in possession of an additional brown tag to harvest a salmon or sea trout over 40cm. Anglers without a brown tag must fish Catch and Release with single or double barbless hooks only and no bait or worm fishing is allowed.
Brown Tags are available on a one tag per permit basis while stocks last from: Bonner’s Tackle Shop, The Bridge, Dungloe, Co.Donegal. Tel: 074 9521163.
If illegal fishing is observed, notify IFI at Ballyshannon (071) 9851435. 24 hour line Tel: 0818 347424.
Fishery Rules – Gweebarra River
- All anglers must be in possession of a permit, licence, logbook & tags before entering onto the fishery.
- Fishery Opening times: 7am to Dusk.
- Fish only on the beat allocated on permit.
- All legal methods allowed except with natural shrimp or prawn baits.
- Fish one rod only at a time.
- Directions of Fishery Manager to be observed at all times.
- Commence fishing on river at the top of the pool and fish down from there.
- Do not commence fishing in front (downstream) of an angler already fishing down a pool.
- Allow a reasonable distance between you and the angler ahead of you.
- Fish at a reasonable pace to allow access for following anglers (1 cast – 1 step).