Anglers are responsible for printing their own permits.
Call Us for help! firstname.lastname@example.org
Salmon, Grilse, Sea Trout, Brown Trout. Fishery open 1 January to 30 September.
For 2021 the Lackagh Fishery is:
Open (Brown Tag) from 12th May to September 31st. Any salmon or sea trout of 40cm or over taken must have a Brown Tag affixed along with a blue tag (issued with licence).
Initial 16 brown tags to be allocated on first come basis etc on opening of the fishery on 1st April ; 2nd allocation of 15 tags to be available from 1st July; no more than 1 brown tag per angler)
Brown tag can be requested on purchse of a permit. Tags will be allocated on a strictly first come first served basis.
Please allow 3 days for postage of brown tag and book accordingly.
Access requirements: Government angling licence (includes log book and tags) + fishery permit.
The Lackagh fishery has received good investment over recent years, resulting in improved access for visiting anglers. Further development work is planned over the next few years with the main focus on habitat conservation. The Lackagh is a short river of only 2 miles flowing from Glen Lough to Sheephaven Bay, which is noted for its good runs of spring salmon, grilse and sea trout. The spring run starts in February and continues to July or later. Grilse start to run at the end of June and continue all through July whilst a small run of autumn salmon appears in September. Sea trout are at their best from June. Visitors may fish the left bank alongside local club members under local rules and angling etiquette.
Season on Lackagh River: 1st January to 30th September.
Terms and Conditions specific to this Fishery:
1. For 2021 the Lackagh Fishery is Open (Brown Tag) from 12th May to September 31st. Any salmon or sea trout of 40cm or over taken must have a Brown Tag affixed along with a blue tag (issued with licence).
2. There is a bag limit of 3 sea trout per day (under 40cm) in line with the national sea trout regulations.
3. If illegal fishing is observed, notify IFI at Ballyshannon (071) 9851435. 24 hour line Tel: 1890 347424.
1. All anglers must be in possession of a permit, licence, logbook & tags (when open for harvesting) before entering onto the fishery.
2. Fishery Opening times: 7am to 6pm & 7pm to 2am.
3. Fly Fishing only from Glen Lough to 15 metres below the Eel Weir.
4. Fish one rod only at a time.
5. Directions of Fishery Manager to be observed at all times.
6. Commence fishing on river at the top of the pool and fish down from there
7. Do not commence fishing in front (downstream) of an angler already fishing down a pool.
8. Allow a reasonable distance between you and the angler ahead of you.
9. Fish at a reasonable pace to allow access for following anglers (1 cast – 1 step).
10. If illegal fishing is observed, notify IFI at Ballyshannon (071) 9851435. 24 hour line Tel: 1890 347424.