River Crolly – Fishery Rules
- There is a bag limit of 3 sea trout per day (under 40cm) in line with the national sea trout regulations.
- Salmon Daily Bag Limits: 1st April to 11th May – 1 salmon, 12th May to 31st August – 3 salmon, 1st to the 30th September – 1 salmon.
- If illegal fishing is observed, notify IFI at Ballyshannon (071) 9851435. 24 hour line Tel: 0818 347424.
Terms and Conditions specific to this Fishery:
- All anglers must be in possession of a permit, licence, logbook & tags before entering onto the fishery.
- Visitors to rotate through all beats within section during the day. Maximum time allowed per beat on section 1 is 2 hours and maximum time allowed per beat on section 2 is 4 hours.
- Association anglers have open access to entire fishery up to the maximum number of association rods per beat as agreed.
- Fishery Opening times: 7am to Dusk.
- All legal methods allowed except with natural shrimp or prawn baits.
- Fish one rod only at a time.
- Directions of Fishery Manager to be observed at all times.
- Commence fishing on river at the top of the pool and fish down from there.
- Do not commence fishing in front (downstream) of an angler already fishing down a pool.
- Allow a reasonable distance between you and the angler ahead of you.
- Fish at a reasonable pace to allow access for following anglers (1 cast – 1 step).