Eany River – General Fishery Rules
- The Eany River Fishery is Catch & Release for 2022. This means anglers must return all salmon and any sea trout of 40cm or over and can only fish with single or double barbless hooks. No bait fishing is allowed (worms etc).
- There is a bag limit of 3 sea trout per day (under 40cm) in line with the national sea trout regulations.
- If illegal fishing is observed, notify IFI at Ballyshannon (071) 9851435. 24 hour line Tel: 0818 347424.
Terms and Conditions specific to this Fishery:
- All anglers must be in possession of a permit, licence, logbook & tags before entering onto the fishery.
- No angling allowed from the northern bank from the footbridge upstream of Bonnyglen Falls downstream to the Fish Counter.
- Fishery Opening times: 7am to Dusk.
- All legal methods allowed except with natural shrimp or prawn baits.
- Fish one rod only at a time.
- Directions of Fishery Manager to be observed at all times.
- Commence fishing on river at the top of the pool and fish down from there.
- Do not commence fishing in front (downstream) of an angler already fishing down a pool.
- Allow a reasonable distance between you and the angler ahead of you.
- Fish at a reasonable pace to allow access for following anglers (1 cast – 1 step).