Lackagh River – Fishery Rules
- For 2021 the Lackagh Fishery is: Open (Brown Tag) from 12th May to September 31st. Any salmon or sea trout of 40cm or over taken must have a Brown Tag affixed along with a blue tag (issued with licence).
- There is a bag limit of 3 sea trout per day (under 40cm) in line with the national sea trout regulations.
Terms and Conditions specific to this Fishery:
- All anglers must be in possession of a permit, licence, logbook & tags before entering onto the fishery.
- Fishery Opening times: 7am to 6pm (Day Permit) & 7pm to 2am (Evening Permit).
- Fly Fishing only from Glen Lough to 15 metres below the Eel Weir.
- Fish one rod only at a time.
- Directions of Fishery Manager to be observed at all times.
- Commence fishing on river at the top of the pool and fish down from there.
- Do not commence fishing in front (downstream) of an angler already fishing down a pool.
- Allow a reasonable distance between you and the angler ahead of you.
- Fish at a reasonable pace to allow access for following anglers (1 cast – 1 step).
- If illegal fishing is observed, notify IFI at Ballyshannon (071) 9851435. 24 hour line Tel: 1890 347424.