Lough Eske – Fishery Rules
1. The Eske Fishery is Catch & Release for 2020. This means anglers must return all salmon and any sea trout of 40cm or over and can only fish with single or double barbless hooks. No worm fishing is allowed.
2.There is a bag limit of 3 sea trout per day (under 40cm) in line with the national sea trout regulations.
3. If illegal fishing is observed, notify IFI at Ballyshannon (071) 9851435. 24 hour line Tel: 1890 347424.
Terms and Conditions specific to this Fishery:
Anglers will need to arrive between 9am and 10am to meet staff for boat keys, petrol etc.
1. All anglers must be in possession of a permit, licence, logbook & tags before entering onto the fishery.
2. All legal methods allowed except with natural shrimp or prawn baits.
3. Fish one rod only at a time.
4. Directions of Fishery Manager to be observed at all times.
5. Visitors may only be fish Lough Eske from boats available at the Eske Angling Centre. Visitors are not allowed to be launch boats.
6. Fishery Opening times: Dawn till Dusk.
7. Shore fishing on Lough Eske is not allowed.
8. Anglers must return boats before dark, locking up boats at the correct moorings on the Jetty and post the key through the letterbox of the Angling Centre.
9. Maximum of 2 anglers per boat
10. In the interests of safety, anglers must wear a floatation device when fishing the lough.
11. Catches are to be reported to the Eske Angling Centre. Tel: 074 9740781 or drop a note through the letterbox at the Angling Centre.
12. If illegal fishing is observed, notify IFI at Ballyshannon (071) 9851435. 24 hour line Tel: 1890 347424.
While every care is taken to make anglers aware of hazardous areas of the lough, anglers should be vigilant as to their safety. Certain areas of the Lough are very shallow and rocky and boats should be navigated at oar speed in such areas. The lough may become rough very quickly in stormy weather and at such times anglers should also be mindful of their safety and return to shore if in doubt.