Season – Salmon 1st February to 30th September. Sea trout 1st February to 10th October. Brown Trout 15th February to 30th September.
Fishery Rules and Regulations
- Permits must be purchased before fishing and all anglers must be in possession of a current state salmon rod licence, tags and log book when fishing.
- Failure to produce your licence and permit on demand may lead to a fixed charge notice or prosecution.
- Permits are not refundable or transferable (Named angler only).
- All anglers are required to make a catch/no catch/return when they have finished fishing.
- The use of prawn/shrimp as bait is strictly prohibited.
- All anglers must access the fishery at designated access points only. Keep to the river bank, use stiles and paths and must not park in front of gates, leave gates open, cause damage, discard litter, fishing lines or hooks.
- All anglers are required to keep a respectable distance from the next angler and fish pools in rotation.
- Juveniles must be accompanied on the fishery by an adult with a valid permit.
- Fishing restricted to the hours 6am to dark (Daylight Hours Only).
- Access on to the railway bridge is strictly prohibited.
- Only one salmon (any size) or sea trout (over 40cm) may be retained on a one day licence.
- Breaches of Cloongee Fishery Rules and Regulations and or Fisheries Law will automatically invalidate any permit issued.